Followers

Sunday, October 2, 2016

the bunnykeeper

A few of my favourite things are art journalling, colouring and animals. And this time I was able to combine the 3 of them.
I used this wonderful image by Tanya Bond called the Bunnykeeper.


I always start colouring the skin first. If I get that right  the rest will follow...
I started with the E50 and add a thin layer on all the skin parts of this image. 


For the 2nd layer I used the E51 to add some shading. I do not worry about the marker stripes you see in the photograph. I will add many many more layers and in the end I will blend all the layers together. 


After the E50 and 51 I used my BV000 for some more shading especially where the eyesockets are , under the nose and on the chin and on both sides of the face and the neck. 

More shading under the nose with the W3. I used the W3 for the neck and the eyes as well.


To add some more warmth to the skin I add a thin layer of E00 and now it is time to blend all layers together with the E0000. 


I thought it would be nice to give the bunnykeeper purple hair and eyes. 
I used BV01, 02, 04, 08 and V17.


This is how the bunnykeeper looks with purple hair and eyes and I like it a lot. 


Now it's time to colour the bunnies. For the purple one I used the same colours as for the hair, BV01, 02, 04, 08 and V17.
For the blue bunny I used B12, 14, 16, 18. And for the golden-yellow bunny I used Y21,26,28, 35 and E08.


I used the image in my square art journal on a Dylusions background. 


I had to add some doodling too of course...

have a fabulous day
Miranda





2 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful your colouring and tutoral is stunning thank you for sharing it x

arteneoscrap said...

Gracias por ese paso a paso. Saludos.