Followers

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Various ink tutorial

Today a tutorial with the Various Inks.
We all have those luscious bottles of gorgeous colours to refill our markers but you can use them in other ways as well.



What do you need?
A bottle of Copic Activator, some bottles of Various Inks and a tool for applying the ink.

The colours I used are:
RV25, R08, BG57, BG07, YG05, YG17, RV17, Y13 AND 100 (black).


An example of the tool I used for this technique, it's by Ranger.


Applying some drops of ink on your tool and spray a little Activator on the tool as well and dab on to your paper. I used YUPO paper which is a synthetic paper. 




If you drip some ink in the background it will react with the ink and alcohol that's already on your background. You will get some nice spots.



You can also spray some Activator straight onto the background. The ink will be reactivated and some great patterns will appear. Keep adding ink and Activator onto your background until you are satisfied with the results. 


A close up of all the nice layers of various ink. 


I used an image by Crafts and Me as a focal point of my page.
I coloured this lovely mermaid with my Copic Markers.
For the skin I used E50, 00, 01, BV00, BG000, W1, R20



For the cute duckling I used Y15, 13 and 19.
I used the Y15 to make brushstrokes to suggest that the duckling is furry.



For the hair I used  B04, 05, 0000, 02, BG07,09 and FBG2.
the tail and leaves: YG 17, 67,05 and 06
flowers: RV 17, 11, 34, FRV 1
shadows W1 and 5


A close up of the eye, I mainly used blue, but I added a little green too, because eyes are never just one colour. 


And this is my finished page.
The words are made with puffy letter stickers which I bought a long time ago. I gave them new colours using the Various Inks again (RV17 and Y13). 

Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.
See you next month.

Miranda

No comments: