Followers

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sailing girl, a colouring tutorial

Hi everyone, today it's my turn again and this month I have a colouring tutorial for you.




I drew this image a little while ago and thought that it was perfect for my little tutorial for this month. 
In this 1st step I coloured the face using a basic of  E000 and E00.


step 2: creating depth
to create more depth I used  E000, E00,E11, E21 and BV00 (for shadows) as a 2nd layer. 
Starting with the lightest colouring working in layers to the darkest and then back to the lightest again. For some extra shades I used the BV00, my favorite. 


step 3: colouring the rest of the face and the hair.
For the eyes I used B41, B95 and B99, starting with the lightest colour first. Used a little BV00 for the eyes too. The inside of the eye (the eyeball) catches a shade too. For the lips I used R20 and R11.

I love redheads so for my girl I used E77, E15, YR15, YR16 and YR14. This time I worked my way back from the darkest colourto the lightest. 


step 4: Colouring the cloths. 
For her sweater and hat I used B63, BV17, BV34 and B31. This way you will get a lovely lavenderpurple. Her dress is made with RV02, RV09 and RV06. This time I started with the lightest colours first, layering the darker colours and then go back to the lightest again to give them a nice blend 



step 5: colouring the boat
For the boat I used E70, E71, E74 and E77.
I used the darkest brown to create a woodgrain.


step 6: finishing your image
We are nearly there. I decided to colour the flag in the same colour as the dress, using RV01, RV09 and RV06. 
For the little gull I used some greytones like C1, C3 and C5. 




And this is the finished creation. I fussycut the image and glued her on my tag made with Dylusions inks and Dutch Doobadoo masks. I also decided to give the dress some checkers.
The quote was found on the internet. 

And before I finish I have a little surprise for you. I decided to give my drawing away as a freebie. You can use it for your creations, you can share it, but please mention that I drew it.  Hope you like it. If you pick it up, please leave me a comment. 




have a wonderful week and enjoy your freebie

hugs
Miranda

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Awwwww how cute is your card and your tutorial is amazing and thank you for the freebie your so generous!!